Corsica, with a landmass surface of 8,722 square kilometers, is the fourth largest Mediterranean island and is just 12 km from Sardinia. Arriving by sea, the island appears to be a “twin” of neighboring Sardinia, from the high limestone crags, covered up to the summit by the typical Mediterranean scrub, made up of myrtle, mastic, cistus and arbutus.
Travelling towards the internal region you will become aware that there are many high massifs, among them: Mount Cinto (m. 2,707), the highest on the island. The mountain tops remain covered by snow until late summer.
The peculiarity of this island is the vegetation that, in just a few kilometers changes dramatically from the sparse Mediterranean scrub to typical dense Alpine conifer woods.
Highlights of the trip:
- High altitude landscapes and lakes
• The turquoise sea waters of the Scandola Reserve
• the right mix between cultural and natural environment experience
• typical Corsican dishes
• the charm of the “island of beauty”
Bastia - Corte
Corte - Tavignano Valley
Corte - Restonica Valley
Corte - Niolu - Lake Nino - Porto
Porto - Col De La Croix - Girolata - Porto
Porto - Capu Rossu - Calanche di Piana
Porto - Spelunca canyon - Ota
Porto - Calvì - Bastia
• environmental guide for the duration of the trip
• internal transfers
• Guided tours (as per program)
• transfer to / from the port / airport
• lunches (as per program)
• 7 breakfasts
• 7 dinners in local restaurants
• 7 overnight stays at a hotel / inn
• civil liability insurance.
Costs do not include
• personal travel insurance
• personal expenses
• any extras
• all/anything that is not included in the “Costs include” heading